Sunday, December 19, 2021

End of year Q and A

 "The following is a fan-made blog, whose opinion is only those involved in its writing. It is not officially endorsed by Rooster Teeth Productions or a representative of the views of the Death Battle staff at large."

Ultraguy: Hey there. Thought it might be fun to answer a few general questions. This isn't some official thing btw, just a fun side blog I made spontaneously. 

What character did you enjoy researching the most

Probably Megaman.EXE. I’m a big fan of Megaman as a whole, and Battle Network was one of my favorite series growing up. He also has A LOT of stuff, which makes him interesting to go into in-depth.


Who the first character you researched for DB was

The first character I recall ever giving notes on was Fox McCloud(this was back before the RT was more formal). The first character I was ever officially assigned was Sora.


How much power do researchers have in choosing matchups

I have all the power imaginable. The RT staff are merely an extension of my will.


Which character do you want to research for DB the most?

Probably Gwenpool from Marvel comics.


What character were you excited to research the most when the season was planned out?

Probably Shadow. I was really looking forward to seeing him get the “modern” DB treatment.


Was there ever a MU that you were told was happening and your first response was "wait what?"

I think the only fight the show has ever done that I was surprised about was Deadpool vs Pinkie Pie.


Favorite episode you weren't involved in?

Jack vs Afro Samurai I suppose.


Why did Aizen lose to Madara

Since when did you think losing the Death Battle wasn’t a part of Aizen’s grand plan?


If money and resources and such weren't an issue, what would be the one thing you'd like to add to the show?

A fully decked-out mansion to serve as a headquarters, but just for me. Then I would just retire without making anything ever again.


What is the episode that got you into DB

I watched almost from the start, but I think it was Eggman vs Wily where I actually got into the series.


When Broly Q and A

How much are you willing to pay?


What is your favorite episode you've worked on

The Megaman Battle Royal. It was a lot of work getting the info on 5 characters with such extensive arsenals, so I’m amazed we pulled it off.


Out of the combatants you’ve researched, who would you say is your favorite character-wise

Probably Mob. He’s a good boi and honestly, he’s probably the only character on this show I wish didn’t have to lose his fight.


What do you think about stomp matchups?

This is just my personal opinion, but I really don’t mind them. Most fights end up having huge stat advantages once you actually crunch numbers regardless, and honestly as long as the characters themselves are interesting and a match is requested I don’t think it should matter.


Saitama vs Popeye questions?

I think the episode does a good job of addressing everything tbh. Just watch that(It’s very VERY good).


--------------------------------------------

Anyway, thank you all for watching the show. I hope Season 9 is as amazing as this one was.




10 comments:

  1. Your iron fist vs po q n a still sucke do I would appreciate if you answered my questions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most people on the DB Reddit debunked Herald Iron Fist anyway, dude got jumped by the friggin Wrecking Crew and had to call help from the Avengers

      Delete
    2. Lol their debunks git debunked. Iron fist was able to logistically contend with the wrecker, holding him back physically. Death battle themselves literally mentioned herald level feats

      Delete
  2. the RT staff? now we know who to blame for the obscene amount of comic matchups yeah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so they are the reason of my unhappiness

      Delete
    2. so it was you huh, Prepare to get DELETED RT staff

      Delete
    3. so you dont want to tone down the comic matchups?

      fair, but remember, 254.423.81.212

      Delete
  3. please RT Staff, remember that this is a show that is supposed to cover series from ALL our Pop culture, not just Marvel and DC

    ReplyDelete

  4. We understand how difficult the death of a loved one can be, which is why here at Hathaway Funeral Directors in Doncaster, we are on hand 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to take your call should you need us. We offer a range of different types of funerals and funeral services in Doncaster and can cater for all budgets. Visit our Site Funeral Director Doncaster

    ReplyDelete