Sunday, June 4, 2023

Dragon Born vs Chosen Undead mini Q and A

 "The following is a fan-made blog, whose opinion is only those involved in its writing. It is not officially endorsed by Rooster Teeth Productions or a representative of the views of the Death Battle staff at large."

How would you rank the souls games?

Personally I would say Elden Ring is objectively the best in terms of scope and mechanics.

Dark Souls 3 is the most polished outside of that game

Dark souls 1 is next 

Then Demon souls due to setting the souls foundation.

Bloodborn

Sekeiro

Then Dark Souls 2

Elden Ring or Tears of the kingdom?

Personally I prefer Elden Ring. I think its level design and combat is more cohesive and the rewards for exploration are better. Zelda is good, but I find most of the "rewards" outside of the shrines to be meaningless because they're either consumable or break. The crafting element in the latter is cool though.

What's your favorite souls inspired game

Probably Hollow Knight. It was a very well crafted metroidvannia game and I like how it's death mechanic was inspired by the souls series.

How would you rank Bethesda games?

Mmm 

New Vegas

Fallout 3

Skyrim

-the rest

Fallout 4



..........Fallout New Vegas 2 Outer Wilds clears them all though.

Fallout vs Elder Scrolls?

Personally I like Fallout more. I'm normally more into sci fi than high fantasy, cause high fantasy tends to be much more derivative of tropes set by Lord of the rings or other older high fantasy works.

Did you see Spider-Man Across the Spider-verse yet?

Yeah it was pretty good. I liked the animation and thought it was a good continuation of the original story. Granted I think you can def tell that its only "part 1" of a two part movie. It's nice to see Miles Morales get so much mainstream attention.

Was the Chosen Undead barred from summoning allies?

The Chosen Undead wasn't barred from Summoning allies with summon sigils. Solair would have been cool, but time and budget didn't allow it. That said the Dragon Born has a much larger variety of summons and can summon characters much more easily. 

What are your thoughts the cosmology of Elder Scrolls? Is it true that every planet is an infinite dimension and that oblivion has 500 fucktillion layers. What about water being made out of memories or whatever? Alduin? Give us your in depth analysis on this complicated facet of El lore.

Yeah. It seems legit

Anything else?

I agree Bend will can bypass the Chosen Undead mental defenses. Incap also is a valid victory condition if the opponent can't be killed in a traditional way. 



















........It's been busy. I didn't have a lot of free time to write this(I think the eps explanation is pretty in depth anyway though).



5 comments:

  1. What about Dragonborn's speed scaling? The feat used doesn't seem applicable to general combat speed, just projectile speed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry but who the hell writes these questions?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ultra, I just want to say that Dovahkiin vs Chosen Undead was phenomenal. The amount of time and research both you, Liam, the rest of the DB research team, and the G1 fanblog put into this episode really stood out to me. Not to mention the hard work all the animators, editors, and script writers put into this episode as well. Shit, Brandon Yates got a freaking choir together. Like, DUDE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and sorry for not sharing calcs with you like I said I would. I sorta forgot that this episode was coming out until I saw it just recently ... yeah, sorry about that.
      Oh well, looks like you didn't need them anyways.LOL

      Delete